Dairy-free tiramisu with raspberries
- February 2008
- Serves 6 people
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 25-30 minutes to bake, plus cooling and chilling.
This easy raspberry tiramisu tastes so indulgent, you would never guess that it’s completely free from wheat, yeast, gluten and dairy.
- 27.7g (6.3g saturated)
- 81.5g (49.7g sugar)
- 125ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 210g quinoa flour or spelt flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml prepared coffee, chilled
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 250g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp freshly ground coffee beans
- 200ml soya cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 100g plain chocolate, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan170ºC/ gas 5. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and a generous pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar. Mix the oil and vanilla into the coffee, then mix in to the dry ingredients.
- Add the vinegar to the mixture and quickly stir – this will help the mixture to rise when baking. Immediately spoon into the tin, scatter with 100g of the raspberries and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm and springy. Cool in the tin, then turn out onto a board and cut into 3cm squares.
- Place 3 squares in the base of 6 serving glasses. Sprinkle each with some of the ground coffee and top with cream and raspberries. Repeat the layers, then chill for 1-2 hours. Top with the grated chocolate to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter