- April 2020
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10 min
You may have spotted this rather eye-catching whipped coffee trend from South Korea filling up your social media feeds during lockdown. Dalgona coffee is the latest global craze and we can see why – all you need to do is whizz together instant coffee and sugar until light, then spoon over iced milk.
Follow our simple guide and learn how to make your own dalgona coffee at home.
- 2.4g (1.5g saturated)
- 21.4g carbs (20.4g sugars)
- 1-2 tbsp instant coffee (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 250ml milk (enough to fill 3/4 of a mug)
- Handful of ice cubes
You’ll also need…
- Electric hand whisk
- Tall glass tumbler to serve
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant coffee and sugar with 2 tablespoons of hot water, then beat together using an electric whisk. The mixture will start to turn shiny and smooth as you whisk. Continue whisking until the mixture becomes thick and frothy and a pale toffee colour, then keep whisking until stiff peaks form – the peaks will hold their shape when you lift out the beaters.
- Fill your glass with milk, then top up with ice. Spoon the whipped coffee on top, then stir into the milk. Enjoy straight away.
Add more sugar, if you prefer your coffee sweeter.
Add your favourite coffee syrup – hazelnut is a good addition.
Vary your milk – we’ve served ours with cows’ milk but this recipe will work well with any dairy-free alternative. Nut milks will add different flavours.
This recipe will make one dalgona coffee, but the recipe can easily be scaled up.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...