Duck leg with celeriac and apples
- October 2011
- Serves 6
- 10 minutes to make, 1 hour to cook
This duck recipe is a simple one-tray roast and guaranteed to satisfy the urge for British comfort food.
Try our roast duck breasts with prunes and armagnac for another duck dish with a difference.
- 34.7g (8.9g saturated)
- 11.4g (10g sugars)
- 6 large free-range duck legs
- 1 small celeriac (about 600g), peeled and cut into rough 2cm chunks
- 3 eating apples, cores removed and each apple cut into 6 wedges
- 2 large or 3 small red onions, cut into 6 wedges through the root
- 50ml olive oil
- 5 fresh sage sprigs, plus extra leaves for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put all the ingredients in a roasting tray and mix to coat. Arrange the duck legs skin-side up and season everything well.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then remove and carefully pour off any excess fat (keep it for roast potatoes another time). Return the tray to the oven and cook for 30 minutes more until the veg are soft and the duck is cooked through. Serve with the extra sage leaves scattered over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Five-spice duck with ginger, onion and orange salad
The tangy ginger, onion and orange salad makes the perfect accompaniment to this oriental duck...