Easy lamb curry
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 1 hour 25 minutes to cook
An easy lamb curry recipe that makes enough for two batches so you can save time and freeze ahead.
- 18g (6g saturated)
- 25.6g (7.3g sugars)
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1kg diced lamb, such as leg or neck fillets
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 150g jar hot curry paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Dollop of mango chutney
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Naan breads to serve
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan and batch-fry the lamb until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside in a large bowl. Add the onions and potatoes to the pan, then cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are soft and golden.
- Return the lamb and any resting juices to the pan. Stir in the curry paste, tomatoes and chickpeas, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour until the meat is tender, then stir in the chutney. Season with salt, pepper and the lemon juice. Remove half and leave to cool. Freeze in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
- Spoon the remainder into bowls, sprinkle over the chopped coriander and serve with warm naan breads.
Rate & review