Easy tomato and chorizo pasta bake
- October 2012
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 35-40 minutes to cook
Everyone needs a good pasta bake in their repertoire. This budget-friendly recipe is made with spicy chorizo, easy tomato sauce and a good grating of parmesan.
- 15.2g (5.5g saturated)
- 53.3g (6.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400g fusilli
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, then gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for another minute, then remove to a 1.2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Fry the chorizo for a few minutes until starting to crisp. Return the onions to the pan with the chopped tomatoes and red wine vinegar. Season, then bubble for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until nearly al dente (see tip). Drain, then toss with the remaining oil. Stir into the tomato sauce. Add the basil, if using, tip into the dish, then scatter with the parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...