Frankfurter and mushroom tortilla
- March 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Frankfurters aren’t just for hot dogs. Try them in this tortilla recipe with mushrooms, onions and good handful of parsely.
- 37.1g (11.5g saturated)
- 11.9g (3.1g sugar)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g frankfurters, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- Good handful of fresh curly parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Heat the oil in a 23cm heavy-based, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the frankfurters and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the frankfurters.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Beat the eggs in a bowl with 3 tablespoons water. Add the bread and parsley and season. Pour into the frying pan and cook over a medium-low heat for 8 minutes or until just set and golden underneath.
- Pop the frying pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes, to brown the top slightly. Scatter with the extra parsley, cut into quarters and serve with a green salad.
For vegetarians, use 1 diced courgette instead of the frankfurters.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Herby potato and ham hock tortilla
Make clever use of time-saving ingredients with this speedy herby potato and ham tortilla.