Frankfurter and mushroom tortilla
- March 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Frankfurters aren’t just for hot dogs. Try them in this tortilla recipe with mushrooms, onions and good handful of parsely.
- 37.1g (11.5g saturated)
- 11.9g (3.1g sugar)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g frankfurters, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- Good handful of fresh curly parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Heat the oil in a 23cm heavy-based, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the frankfurters and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the frankfurters.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Beat the eggs in a bowl with 3 tablespoons water. Add the bread and parsley and season. Pour into the frying pan and cook over a medium-low heat for 8 minutes or until just set and golden underneath.
- Pop the frying pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes, to brown the top slightly. Scatter with the extra parsley, cut into quarters and serve with a green salad.
For vegetarians, use 1 diced courgette instead of the frankfurters.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Herby potato and ham hock tortilla
Make clever use of time-saving ingredients with this speedy herby potato and ham tortilla.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...