Spinach and onion tortilla
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
All you need are 5 ingredients to make this simple Spanish omelette recipe. Eggs, spinach, cheese, onion and olive oil – that’s it! A speedy option for lunch or dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 250g fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 40g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the grill to high. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, season and beat briefly with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with an ovenproof handle and fry the onion until soft and pale golden. Add the spinach and sauté for a couple of minutes to wilt the leaves.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, turn the heat down to its lowest setting and cook the tortilla, uncovered, for about 8 minutes, until there is only a little runny egg left on the top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and melt under the preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Use a palette knife to slide the tortilla out onto a plate. Cut into wedges. Leave to cool and store in the fridge, ready to box up for lunch.
Rate & review