Spinach and onion tortilla
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
All you need are 5 ingredients to make this simple Spanish omelette recipe. Eggs, spinach, cheese, onion and olive oil – that’s it! A speedy option for lunch or dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 250g fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 40g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the grill to high. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, season and beat briefly with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with an ovenproof handle and fry the onion until soft and pale golden. Add the spinach and sauté for a couple of minutes to wilt the leaves.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, turn the heat down to its lowest setting and cook the tortilla, uncovered, for about 8 minutes, until there is only a little runny egg left on the top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and melt under the preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Use a palette knife to slide the tortilla out onto a plate. Cut into wedges. Leave to cool and store in the fridge, ready to box up for lunch.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...