Fusilli with walnut pesto
- May 2013
- Serves 4
If pasta with pesto is one of your favourite midweek recipes then you need to try our twist with added walnuts for a nutty flavour.
- 39.2g (10.3g saturated)
- 72.2g (3.1g)
- 175g walnut pieces
- 400g fusilli
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 100g grated parmesan
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Parmesan shavings
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 and toast 175g walnut pieces on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes until golden. Remove and cool slightly.
- Cook 400g fusilli according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, blend the walnuts, 1 crushed garlic clove, a handful of fresh basil leaves and 100g grated parmesan in a food processor with 120ml extra-virgin olive oil to a rough paste. Season, adding a squeeze of lemon juice if needed.
- When the pasta is al dente, stir 2 tbsp cooking water through the pesto. Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto and 3 tbsp double cream.
- Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and fresh basil leaves, then serve.
For al dente (firm to the bite) pasta, cook it for 1 minute less than suggested on the packet. To see if it’s ready, cut
a piece in two – it should have a thin line of uncooked dough in the middle
Rate & review