Gin espresso martini
- Online only
- 50ml gin, such Sipsmith London Dry Gin
- 25ml espresso
- 25ml coffee liqueur, triple sec or simple syrup (see tips)
- 3 coffee beans or an orange twist, to garnish
- Combine the ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake very well. Look for the ‘crema’, as baristas call the foam on top of a good espresso, built by shaking the drink a little harder than other drinks.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with coffee beans or an orange twist.
Recipe taken from Sipsmith: Sip: 100 gin cocktails with only three ingredients, £15.99, published by Mitchell Beazley.
You can make your own sugar syrup by warming up equal amounts of white sugar and water (ie 200g sugar and 200ml water) and stirring until the sugar has dissolved, then allow to cool. It will keep in the fridge for up to a month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter