- August 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus cooling and freezing
This chic espresso granita recipe is low in calories, virtually fat-free and a coffee-lover’s dream
Try our negroni granita for a boozy twist.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- trace (trace saturated)
- 26.5g (26.3g sugars)
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp ground Fairtrade organic Arabica coffee
- Pared zest of 1 orange
- Put the sugar and 150ml water in a small pan over a low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and boil for 1 minute. Cool.
- Put the ground coffee, 500ml water and the orange zest in a pan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside until it’s cold.
- Strain the cold coffee mixture through a muslin-lined sieve into a shallow freezerproof container. Mix in the sugar syrup, cover, and freeze for 2 hours. Gently scrape the frozen edges into the centre and break into smaller crystals with a fork. Freeze for a further 30 minutes and repeat 2-3 times, until crunchy and icy.
- To serve, transfer to the fridge for 5 minutes, then fork over again. Divide between glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Valentine's Day recipes
Coffee crème caramel with espresso and Frangelico syrup
This coffee crème caramel with a decadent boozy syrup is a smooth, elegant, adults-only twist...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...