Gnocchi with goat’s cheese and chives
- May 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 min
A quick and easy gnocchi recipe, made with goat’s cheese, chives and parmesan.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 403 kcals
- 17.4g fat (11.6 saturated)
- 45.4g (3.4 sugar)
- 20g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 2 tbsp milk
- 160g mild soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 500g ready-made fresh potato gnocchi
- Small bunch of fresh chives, half chopped and half cut into batons
- 2 tbsp freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, carrot and celery for about 5 minutes, until tender. Warm the milk in a pan, add 120g goat’s cheese and let it melt gently to form a thick sauce. Grind in black pepper to taste and stir in the softened vegetables.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi, stirring, until they rise to the surface (a minute or so), then lift out carefully with a slotted spoon and put them into the pan with the sauce.
- Sprinkle in the chopped chives and toss the gnocchi carefully to coat in the sauce. Add the Parmesan and a little of the cooking water, if the sauce needs loosening.
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining goat’s cheese and chives.
Try a very light, soft red. The strawberry flavour of Pinot Noir chimes in wonderfully with the black pepper element.
Rate & review