Gnocchi with goat’s cheese and chives
- May 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 min
A quick and easy gnocchi recipe, made with goat’s cheese, chives and parmesan.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 403 kcals
- 17.4g fat (11.6 saturated)
- 45.4g (3.4 sugar)
- 20g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 2 tbsp milk
- 160g mild soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 500g ready-made fresh potato gnocchi
- Small bunch of fresh chives, half chopped and half cut into batons
- 2 tbsp freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, carrot and celery for about 5 minutes, until tender. Warm the milk in a pan, add 120g goat’s cheese and let it melt gently to form a thick sauce. Grind in black pepper to taste and stir in the softened vegetables.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi, stirring, until they rise to the surface (a minute or so), then lift out carefully with a slotted spoon and put them into the pan with the sauce.
- Sprinkle in the chopped chives and toss the gnocchi carefully to coat in the sauce. Add the Parmesan and a little of the cooking water, if the sauce needs loosening.
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining goat’s cheese and chives.
Try a very light, soft red. The strawberry flavour of Pinot Noir chimes in wonderfully with the black pepper element.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Indian side dishes
Chickpea gnocchi with padrón peppers and spinach coconut sauce
Vivek Singh’s fluffy chickpea gnocchi are delicious served with a spinach coconut sauce and padron...
Blue cheese recipes
Sweet potato and parsnip gnocchi with blue cheese and pine nuts
The lightness and sweetness of the sweet potato and parsnip gnocchi combines wonderfully with the...