Quick baked gnocchi with chorizo
- April 2008
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 10-15 minutes in the oven
This deliciously cheesy gnocchi recipe, made with chorizo, spinach and mozzarella, works well with any pasta shapes. Double the recipe for a flavour-packed family-size supper.
- 500g fresh gnocchi
- 100g chorizo, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g baby spinach, washed and drained
- 125g mozzarella
- Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water for 2 minutes less than the pack instructions, then drain and add to a large ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Add the chorizo to a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, until the chorizo is sizzling and browning at the edges.
- Stir in the garlic clove, the chopped tomatoes and baby spinach. Heat through to wilt the spinach, season to taste and pour over the gnocchi in the ovenproof dish.
- Scatter with mozzarella, torn into pieces, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s sausage and gnocchi bake
A quick and easy-to-make gnocchi recipe, with sausages and peperonata, that you will have ready...