Goat’s cheese-stuffed chicken breasts with roasted beetroot
- January 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 60-65 min
We’ve made these stuffed chicken breasts healthier by using half goat’s cheese, half lighter cream cheese – it cuts the fat but is still creamy and tasty. Easy to make, this recipe is a great alternative to a Sunday roast.
- 20.9g (6.9g saturated)
- 23.7g (20.5g sugars)
- 1kg beetroot, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tbsp thick balsamic vinegar
- 60g rindless goat’s cheese
- 60g lighter cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- 4 British free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 4 shallots, quartered lengthways
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the beetroot in a large roasting tin and pour over the 2 tbsp oil and vinegar. Season well, then toss together until coated. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the goat’s cheese, cream cheese, garlic, thyme and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Using a sharp knife, make a 4cm long incision in the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket, then stuff with the cheese mixture.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven. Add the rosemary and shallots to the tin and stir until coated in the beetroot cooking juices. Put the chicken on top of the veg, drizzle with extra olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden.
Next time remove the skin from the chicken breasts and wrap in pancetta.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter