Halloumi with watercress
- January 2010
- Grated zest of ½ lemon and 2 tbsp juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp small capers, drained and rinsed
- 8 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 100g watercress
- 2 x 200g packs of Pittas
- Pre-sliced halloumi
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, parsley, capers and freshly ground black pepper, then set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Divide the watercress and tomato wedges among four plates.
- Place the halloumi slices on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 2-3 minutes or until just beginning to melt.
- Add the hot halloumi to the plates, drizzle with the dressing and serve at once.
Serve immediately or the halloumi will turn rubbery.
Rate & review