Cheat’s red pepper and goat’s cheese tarts
- June 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 10-12 min to cook, plus cooling
It’s amazing what delights you can create using your imagination and some ready-rolled puff pastry, as this vegetarian cheesy tart recipe proves.
- ½ x 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry, at room temperature
- 2 heaped tbsp red pesto
- 290g jar roasted red peppers in oil, drained
- 100g mild goat’s cheese, cut into 4 rounds
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Unroll the pastry and cut in half. Re-roll half and freeze for later use. Cut the reserved half into 2 equal rectangles and transfer to a lightly oiled baking tray. Score a 1cm border around the edge of each pastry rectangle.
- Divide the pesto between the tarts, spreading it within the border. Cut the peppers into large chunks and arrange on top. Add 2 slices of goat’s cheese to each tart, then sprinkle over the thyme and almonds. Season with pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tomato and red pepper soup with Crottin de Chavignol crotes
This lovely, easy tomato and red pepper soup recipe is topped with tangy French goat’s...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...