Ham and brie stuffed puff parcel
- September 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 30 minutes from start to finish
In just 30 minutes you can have this cheesy puff pastry tart recipe on the table. This dish can be frozen too, making it ideal for weeknight dinner.
- 29.8g (14.3g saturated)
- 27.5 (3.2g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- A small handful of fresh thyme leaves
- 300g baby spinach
- 180g cooked ham
- 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry (425g in total; approx 21cm x 28cm each)
- 180g sliced ripe Brie
- 1 medium free-range egg
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Finely chop 1 large red onion and 1 large garlic clove and soften for 5 minutes, adding a small handful of fresh thyme leaves for the final 2 minutes. Remove to a large bowl and allow to cool. Place 300g baby spinach in a colander. Pour over freshly boiled water to wilt it, then refresh under cold water and gently squeeze dry. Add it to the onion, along with 180g cooked ham, in large chunks. Stir to mix and season well.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Take 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry (425g in total; approx 21cm x 28cm each). Place one on a non-stick baking sheet and spoon over the filling, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Top with 180g sliced ripe Brie. Beat 1 medium free-range egg, then brush some around the pastry border. Lay the second sheet of pastry over the top, sealing the edges with a fork. Score the top of the pastry lightly with a knife and glaze all over with the remaining beaten egg.
- If you have time, chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes until risen, golden and crisp. Remove the parcel from the oven, slice into quarters and serve with a green salad, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy salami, roasted pepper and taleggio frittata
An easy but very tasty frittata recipe made with spicy salami, roasted peppers and taleggio...
Blue cheese recipes
Savoury cheeseboard cheesecake with honey-roast grapes
A cheesecake but not as you know it. This savoury recipe, made with an oatcake...