Lemon and herb crusted racks of lamb
- August 2009
- 65g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 20g Parmesan or Grana Padano, finely grated
- Small bunch of fresh mint, leaves finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh parsley,
- leaves finely chopped
- 2 x 300g racks of lamb, French trimmed
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, cheese and herbs to make the crust. Smear the fat-covered side of the lamb racks with the tomato purée and press the crust on top to cover evenly. Put the lamb on a lightly oiled baking tray and roast for 20 minutes for pink lamb, or 25-30 minutes for medium to well done.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes before carving.
For quick pre-dinner nibbles, mix 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée with a 200g pot Greek yogurt, 1 crushed garlic clove, the grated zest of 1 lemon and a good drizzle of olive oil. Season well, spread on strips of toast and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rack of lamb with salsa verde
Rack of lamb is the easiest cut of meat to cook and serve because there’s...
Lamb with mint sauce and tomatoes
Whip up your own mint sauce – this rack of lamb recipe will love you...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...