Lemongrass chicken skewers with lime leaf rice
- May 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 10-15 minutes to cook
Try this shortcut chicken recipe, grilled on lemongrass stalks and served with chilli yogurt and rice.
- 400g pack Waitrose Diced Chicken Thighs in an Aromatic Green Thai marinade, or similar
- 250ml natural yogurt
- Grated zest of 1 lime, a squeeze of juice, plus wedges to serve
- 4 long lemongrass stalks
- 1 tbsp Waitrose Crushed Chilli, or similar
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 240g pack Tilda Coconut and Lime Leaf Steamed Basmati Rice, or similar
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a bowl, mix the chicken pieces, 4 tbsp of the yogurt, the lime zest and some seasoning until everything is combined and the chicken is well coated.
- Thread the chicken pieces (halved if large) onto the lemongrass stalks – you’ll need to make a slit in each piece with a small knife. Put the chicken skewers on a baking sheet and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning every minute or so until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the chilli with the rest of the yogurt, most of the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions. Serve with the skewers, yogurt and lime wedges, sprinkled with the remaining coriander.
You could even try stir-frying the marinated chicken with a pack of stir-fry veg and serve with the rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....
Healthy chicken recipes
Chilli-marinated chicken kebabs with sweet shallot and chickpea salad
Chunks of grilled chicken coated in a smoky aleppo chilli marinade sit atop a chickpea,...