Lighter tartare sauce
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min
Take your fish and chips up a notch with homemade tartare sauce. We’ve made our recipe a little healthier by using Greek yogurt as well as aioli.
- 6.5g (2.3g saturated)
- 2.8g (2.2g sugars)
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cocktail gherkins, chopped
- 2 small silverskin pickled onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 60g Greek yogurt
- grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp aïoli (we like Maille, from Tesco)
- In a medium bowl, mix the cucumber, gherkins, pickled onions, 1 tbsp capers, and herbs with the greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest and aïoli. Season to taste.
We fried the capers for the tartare sauce in the hot oil before stirring them into the sauce, which makes them crunchy and even more savoury.
Leftovers will keep well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter