Lighter tartare sauce
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min
Take your fish and chips up a notch with homemade tartare sauce. We’ve made our recipe a little healthier by using Greek yogurt as well as aioli.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.5g (2.3g saturated)
- 2.8g (2.2g sugars)
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cocktail gherkins, chopped
- 2 small silverskin pickled onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 60g Greek yogurt
- grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp aïoli (we like Maille, from Tesco)
- In a medium bowl, mix the cucumber, gherkins, pickled onions, 1 tbsp capers, and herbs with the greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest and aïoli. Season to taste.
We fried the capers for the tartare sauce in the hot oil before stirring them into the sauce, which makes them crunchy and even more savoury.
Leftovers will keep well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef salad recipes
Seared Asian beef fillet with crunchy pomelo salad
This is a really simple salad that pairs seared beef fillet with crunchy veggies, citrusy...