Marinated chicken with roasted veg and quinoa
- September 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 40-50 min to cook
This easy chicken recipe uses shortcut ingredients to make midweek cooking quick and simple.
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the vegetables
- 400g Waitrose Mediterranean Roasting Vegetables, or similar
- 270g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Fillets with Sun-baked Tomato Pesto, or similar
- 225g Food Doctor Easy Grains Organic Quinoa (from Tesco and Waitrose), or similar ready-cooked quinoa
- Small bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 30g shelled almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Drizzle a little oil over the Mediterranean vegetables and transfer to the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat and sear the chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Pop in the oven with the vegetables for 7-10 minutes to finish cooking. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Put the quinoa in a serving bowl and stir through the cooked vegetables, most of the chopped basil and the remaining oil. Slice the chicken, then toss through the quinoa along with the toasted almonds. Season to taste, then serve topped with the parmesan shavings and remaining basil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and quinoa salad with peas and broad beans
Spring produce such as asparagus, peas, broad beans and lovage are the star players in...