Masala omelette with spinach and soured cream dressing
- February 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
Chetna Makan has spiced up a classic omelette, topped it with spinach, then finished it with a soured cream dressing – making it the perfect midweek breakfast or Sunday brunch recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.7g (6.4g saturated)
- 14.7g (11.7g sugars)
- Bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 large free-range eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Large handful spinach
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients with a pinch of the coriander. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan, then add the chilli and onion and cook for 5-8 minutes until the onion is softening. Add the beetroot and cook for 1 minute. Add the rest of the coriander and the garam masala, mix well, then put in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, salt and turmeric, then whisk well for a minute to froth them slightly.
- Heat another 1 tsp of the oil in the same pan. When hot, pour in half the egg mixture. Cook on a low-medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until the omelette is cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and egg mixture.
- Serve the omelettes with the spinach and soured cream dressing.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...