Mince pies with iced frangipane
- December 2008
- Serves 12
- Takes 40 min to make, 40-45 min to cook, plus chilling and cooling
They may look like cherry bakewells but these are mince pies with a difference. Serve them up as a change from regular pies.
- 336 kcals
- 16.4g (7.9g saturated)
- 44.4g (30.5g sugar)
- 1 quantity home-made pastry
- 12 heaped tbsp mincemeat (use ready-made or see know-how)
- (see How To make mince pies in the Know How section for the recipes)
For the topping
- 65g softened butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 tsp rum
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 65g ground almonds
- 175g icing sugar
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- Dried cranberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Thinly roll out the pastry on a floured surface. Press out 12 circles with a 8cm cutter and use to line a 12-hole mince pie or bun tin. Spoon 1 tbsp mincemeat into each pastry case.
- In a bowl, cream butter with caster sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 egg and 2 tsp rum. Fold in plain flour and ground almonds.
- Spoon onto the pies and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice, then drizzle over the pies. Decorate each with a dried cranberry.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Clementine and pistachio mince pies
When you’re eating mince pies every day, it’s nice to bite in to something a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...