Mushroom and chickpea ragoût
- October 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 45 mins cooking time
This vegetarian dish is the perfect thrifty supper that doesn’t compromise on flavour
- 10g (1.3g saturated)
- 28.6g (8.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g dried wild mushrooms
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of chilli flakes (to taste)
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, then gently fry the onions for 10-12 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, then fry for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, put the dried wild mushrooms into a small bowl, pour over 200ml boiling water, then leave for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid, then roughly chop.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan along with the mushrooms and their liquid. Tip in the tomatoes and chilli flakes, then season well. Simmer for 30 minutes. Scatter with the chopped parsley, if using, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes using chickpeas
Chickpea and tomato soup with chorizo and green chilli
You can find most of the ingredients for this winter soup recipe in the storecupboard...