Pancetta and herb tart
- July 2013
- Serves 6
- 20 mins to prepare, 30 mins to bake, 20 mins to cool
This delicious tart recipe is perfect for a picnic and makes a fine midweek meal.
- 34g (15.6g saturated),
- 15.5g (1.2g sugars)
- 140g pancetta cubes
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 50ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp grated pecorino
- Chopped parsley, mint and dill
- 20cm shortcrust pastry case
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3.
- Heat a dry frying pan until hot, then add the pancetta cubes and fry over a medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 whole egg with two egg yolks with the cream, milk and pecorino.
- Season, then stir in the parsley, mint and dill.
- Scatter the pancetta over a 20cm shortcrust pastry case, then pour over the herby mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set with a slight wobble. Cool for 15-20 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter