Pasta with halloumi
- September 2010
- 350g fresh pasta, such as penne
- 250g peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 25g grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 150g sliced chargrilled antipasto courgettes
- 100g baby spinach
- 225g sliced haloumi
- Extra basil leaves
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add 350g fresh pasta, such as penne, and cook for 4 minutes. Add 250g peas for the final minute, then drain and stir through 1 tbsp olive oil, a handful of fresh basil leaves, 3 tbsp basil pesto, 25g grated Parmesan, 150g sliced chargrilled antipasto courgettes and 100g baby spinach.
- Meanwhile, place 225g sliced haloumi in a hot non-stick frying pan and fry until golden on each side. Serve on top of the pasta, scattered with extra basil leaves.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...