Pasta with roasted peppers and pine nuts
- December 2007
- for 2 people
Try our pasta with roasted peppers and pine nuts – it’s an authentic Italian pasta dish; ready in 10 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 250g pack fresh stuffed vegetarian pasta (we used Mozzarella, tomato & basil large tortelloni from Waitrose)
- 200g pack mixed grilled or roasted peppers in oil
- 25g pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, drain the mixed grilled or roasted peppers in oil (reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil if your pasta doesn’t come with any), and chop. Toast the pine nuts in a dry, non-stick frying pan. Add to the pasta with the peppers, season, and gently toss together.
- Divide the pasta between 2 bowls and drizzle with the infused oil from the pasta pack, or the reserved oil from the peppers. Scatter with fresh basil leaves to serve, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Heirloom cherry tomatoes, burrata and herb pesto pizza
A fresh and light vegetarian pizza topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, creamy burrata and herby...