Pea, bacon and crème fraîche orecchiette
- September 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Fresh mint is a welcome addition to this creamy bacon and pea pasta dish. Ready in less than 30 minutes – it’s the perfect midweek meal.
- 646 kcals
- 20.5g (9.2g saturated)
- 80.8g (4.6g sugars)
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 400g orecchiette
- 500ml chicken or veg stock
- ½ an onion
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 200g fresh/frozen peas
- 70g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Small bunch of torn fresh mint leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Fry the bacon lardons in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
- Cook the orecchiette (follow the pack instructions) in the chicken or veg stock topped up with boiling water, along with the onion and garlic. Add the fresh/frozen peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and peas, reserving a cup of cooking liquid. Discard the onion and garlic and put the pasta back in the pan. Toss the pasta with a little of the reserved cooking liquid, parmesan, crème fraîche and a the mint leaves. Season and stir in the bacon. Serve with lemon wedges.
You don’t have to buy orecchiette especially. Use any small pasta shapes you have in the cupboard.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner inspiration in 20 minutes
French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup
French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup and toasted brioche is simplicity itself...