Steak with charred corn salsa and smoky butter
- May 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus resting
Fancy a change from steak and chips? Try our easy steak with charred corn salsa for two. Drizzled with smoky butter, this simple one-pan dinner is ready in just 20 minutes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 50.5g (19.1g saturated)
- 21.9g (12.4g sugars)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Juice 2 limes
- 400g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 large free-range bavette or flank steak (300-350g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 4-5 radishes, finely sliced
- Small bunch coriander, leaves chopped, stalks finely chopped
- 30g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Toss the onion with the lime juice, season with a little salt and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Fry the corn, in batches, for 1-2 minutes until charred. Tip into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Put the pan back over a high heat, brush the steak with a little oil and season well. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, pressing down with a spatula to get good colour, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes for medium-rare, or cook until done to your liking. Transfer to a board and set aside to rest.
- Toss the cooled corn with the quick-pickled onion/lime juice, then add the avocado, radishes and coriander leaves to make a salsa.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the pan the steak was cooked in. Add the coriander stalks and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until the butter is foaming.
- Slice the rested steak against the grain, drizzle over the smoky butter and serve with the salsa.
Easy swaps: Swap the steak with skin-on chicken breasts, salmon fillets or thickly sliced halloumi.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Barbecue pepper steak sandwiches
A small barbecue is all you need to make a stonking supper of barbecue pepper...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...