Pork chops with roasted baby veg, potatoes and feta
- May 2016
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40-45 min
This easy pork chop recipe is served with roasted courgette and tangy feta – it’s the perfect midweek meal.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 39.2g (13g saturated)
- 34g (9g sugars)
- 350g small new potatoes, halved
- 100g baby courgettes
- 150g baby carrots, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus a glug extra
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 thick-cut, British free-range pork chops (250-300g each)
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 50g watercress
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Put the potatoes, courgettes and carrots in a large roasting tray. Drizzle the vegetables with the oil, then sprinkle with the cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together to coat, then roast for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan and sear the fat of the chops for 3-4 minutes, then sear the chops for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Set aside. When the veg have been cooking for 30 minutes, toss them, then add the chops to the tray and crumble over the feta.
- Return to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the pork is golden and cooked through (if you have a digital thermometer it should read about 70°C when pushed into the thickest part). Serve the pork and veg with the watercress and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review