Pork medallions with chilli, lemon and chive crème fraîche
- January 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This quick and simple pork medallion recipe with chilli lemon and chive crème fraîche is perfect for a family meal or impromptu dinner party.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 18g (7.6g saturated)
- 2.7g (2g sugar)
- 500g pork fillet, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 150ml dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200ml tub half-fat crème fraîche
- Handful snipped fresh chives
- Cut the pork fillet into thin rounds, then bash each 1 with a rolling pin to flatten out. Season all over. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add half the pork and brown quickly all over. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and pork. Set the pork aside.
- Add the chilli to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and bubble until reduced by half, then stir in the lemon juice and crème fraîche. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Return the pork to the pan, coat with the sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the meat is hot and cooked through. Stir in half the chives and season to taste.
- Divide the pork and sauce between 4 warm plates. Sprinkle each with a few of the chopped chives and serve with mashed potatoes and fried leeks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Pork medallions in marsala sauce with spinach polenta
This easy but impressive pork recipe gets its star quality from a creamy marsala sauce,...