Pork medallions in marsala sauce with spinach polenta
- October 2016
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
This easy but impressive pork recipe gets its star quality from a creamy marsala sauce, turning it into a romantic meal for two that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Or, make this posh pork supper for two, which gets its finesse from anchovies, garlic, parsley and capers.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25.7g (7.5g saturated)
- 32.4g (5.6g sugars)
- 400g British free-range pork tenderloin, cut into 2cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus an extra splash (optional)
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100ml sweet marsala
- 50ml single cream
For the polenta
- 100g young leaf spinach
- 75g quick-cook fine polenta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small handful fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
To serve (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Season the pork. Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then fry for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked. Remove to a plate. Add the mushrooms and shallots to the pan with a splash more oil, if needed, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the marsala and bubble for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the cream with 3 tbsp water and a good pinch of salt and pepper, heat through (don’t boil), then set aside.
- Put the spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour over a full kettle of boiling water to wilt. Press as much liquid out of the spinach as possible using a wooden spoon.
- Cook the polenta according to the pack instructions, then stir in the spinach and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Return the pan with the cream sauce to the heat, add the pork and warm through, then stir in the tarragon. Serve the pork and sauce with the polenta and lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy pork medallions with spinach and lentils
Comfort on a plate that’s ready in just 20 minutes; pork medallions are cooked with...
Dinner inspiration in 20 minutes
Pork medallions with chilli, lemon and chive crème fraîche
This quick and simple pork medallion recipe with chilli lemon and chive crème fraîche is...
Pork medallions with Verdi butter
A sophisticated pork recipe with green butter, made with parsely, capers, garlic and anchovies.