Quick Caribbean jerk pork
- February 2006
- 4 tbsp mild Jamaican jerk marinade (we used Walkerswood, from supermarkets)
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 pork chops
- 200g Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the grill to high. In a wide bowl, mix the jerk marinade with the yogurt. Add 4 pork chops, coat in the mixture and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Stir in the rice and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Place the chops on a grill rack and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until just cooked and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, add the squash to the rice, and simmer for a further 12 minutes, until the rice and squash are cooked. Drain well, tip back into the pan and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir in a handful of parsley leaves and divide between 4 plates. Top with a pork chop and serve with lime wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jerk pork fillet with spicy tomato and mango relish
This recipe for jerk pork fillet is a refreshing and light dinner dish with a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...