Jerk pork steaks with fruity salsa
- August 2004
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 mins
These fruity jerk pork steaks make for a totally tropical recipe that’s easy to follow, fast to make and are also low in salt.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 38g (13.2g saturated)
- 22g (19.2g sugars)
- 2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning (we used Walkerswood)
- 4 pork loin steaks or chops
- 1 small, ripe mango
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 dessert apple, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- Small handful fresh mint, chopped
- Small bag herb leaf salad, to serve
- Lightly smear the jerk seasoning all over the pork steaks, then set aside.
- Make the salsa. Peel, stone and dice the mango. Put into a bowl, along with the tomato and apple. Add the orange juice and olive oil, season and mix together. Stir in the mint.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat, divide the steaks between 2 plates and serve with spoonfuls of salsa and the herb salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jalapeño, coriander and lime salt crusted ham with mango salsa
We’ve given this glorious gammon recipe a bit of a kick with sweet and spicy...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...