Quick coconut chicken curry
- September 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
What’s better than a chicken curry recipe? A quick chicken curry recipe, that’s on the table in 40 minutes. Don’t be put off by the time-saving products – they’re there to make life easier.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 70g korma curry paste (we like Patak’s Easy Korma for Two)
- 25g ground almonds
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 mini naan breads
- Gently heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and ground almonds, then cook for 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the chicken pieces for the last 5 minutes, making sure they are cooked through and tender and the sauce is slightly reduced.
- When the sauce has thickened, take off the heat, then stir in the garam masala and coriander. Serve with mini naan breads and rice, if you like.
Rate & review