Creamy chicken korma
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make, 20 min to cook, plus defrosting
This is a very mild and creamy curry, for those who don’t like it hot.
- 42.7g (13.5g saturated)
- 6.8g (4.3g sugar)
- 1 portion basic curry sauce
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken pieces, such as thighs or breasts, cut into cubes
- 50g ground almonds
- 100ml double cream
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted
- Defrost the curry sauce overnight in the fridge. Heat the groundnut oil in a large saucepan and cook the chicken pieces until golden brown all over.
- Stir in the defrosted curry sauce, ground almonds, double cream and 100ml water. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is creamy and thickened.
- Divide the curry between 4 bowls, garnish with toasted flaked almonds and serve with naan bread sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander, steamed basmati rice and wilted spinach, if you like.
This is lovely accompanied by steamed rice and wilted spinach.
Make a big batch of our basic curry sauce, then use it as the base for this recipe or the Lamb rogan josh or Prawn madras recipes.
Rate & review