Quick kale, turkey and lemon risotto
- January 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Make leftover turkey the star of another dinner, with kale and fresh lemon, in this quick and easy risotto recipe.
- 15.7g (7.1g saturated)
- 69.4g (3.4g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Generous knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g arborio risotto rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- About 1 litre chicken stock, hot
- 500g curly kale
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and a good squeeze of juice
- 200g leftover turkey, shredded
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a low heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and fry for a minute more. Add the rice to the pan, increase the heat and stir for a minute. Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed. Season well.
- Add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring, making sure each addition is absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is cooked but still with some bite.
- Meanwhile, blanch the kale in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- When the rice is just cooked, stir in the lemon zest, blanched kale and turkey. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parmesan. Cover and leave to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Depending on how old your rice is, you may need a little more or a little less stock. The cooked rice should be soft, but with a slight bite in the centre and a risotto should be loose textured.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...