Pepper and turkey goulash
- February 2008
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 35 minutes to make, 25 minutes in the oven
Make this cream-free pepper and turkey goulash recipe with leftover Christmas turkey for your Boxing Day supper or enjoy throughout the year as a low-fat dinner.
- 7g (1.9g saturated)
- 65.8g (13g sugar)
- 2 red peppers
- 600-700g turkey breast fillet
- Extra-virgin olive oil spray
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml fresh chicken stock
- 300g wholewheat tagliatelle noodles
- 150g pot wholemilk natural yogurt
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put the peppers onto a small baking tray and roast for 25 minutes. Cool in a sealed plastic bag. Discard the stalks, seeds and skin and cut the peppers into thin strips. Set aside.
- Cut the turkey into 1cm strips. Heat a
- non-stick pan over a high heat and spray with 6 squirts of oil. Add half the turkey and brown for 2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. Repeat.
- Spray the pan with 6 more squirts of oil, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and lightly golden. Add the vinegar and cook for a minute, until almost evaporated.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 10 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Take the pan off the heat to cool very slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions, until al dente. Mix the yogurt with the cornflour until smooth. Gradually beat into the sauce, then return the pan to the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the turkey and the peppers and simmer for 2 minutes. Season.
- Scatter over the parsley and serve the goulash on the cooked noodles.
Rate & review