Quick smoked chicken and barley salad with chorizo and feta
- July 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
This chicken salad recipe combines barley with chorizo and feta for a fast and simple midweek meal. Any leftovers can also be used for lunch the next day.
- 120g pearl barley
- 60g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Diced Chorizo, or similar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g pack Waitrose ready-to-steam Asparagus & Green Vegetables, or similar
- 150g pack diced feta with herbs
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 155g pack Rannoch Smoked Chicken, or similar, sliced
- Cook the pearl barley according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking the extra-virgin olive oil with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the barley is cooked, transfer to a serving bowl, toss with the dressing and the fried chorizo, then set aside.
- Cook the asparagus and vegetable mix in a microwave according to the packet instructions, then stir through the barley along with the feta, parsley and sliced smoked chicken. Season to taste, then serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...