Ricotta and grilled vegetable tart
- November 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook
This grilled vegetable, pesto and ricotta tart recipe will make you feel like you’re on holiday in the Mediterranean.
- 27.9g (5.2g saturated)
- 12.1g (5.2g sugar)
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large filo sheets
- 450g mixed marinated
- vegetables (we used aubergine, pepper and sun-dried tomato), well drained
- 50g pitted Kalamata olives
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 125g ricotta
- 1 tbsp good-quality basil pesto
- Small basil leaves to garnish
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Lightly spray a 12cm x 35cm loose-bottomed flan tin with oil. Stack the filo sheets on top of each other, spraying lightly with oil in between, then use to line the flan tin, trimming to fit.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes until crisp and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, pat all the vegetables well with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil, then cut into bite-size pieces and toss gently with the olives, lemon juice and a little pepper.
- Mix the ricotta, pesto, lemon zest and some salt and pepper in a bowl, then carefully spread
- over the base of the cooled pastry. Arrange the vegetable mixture evenly on top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Scatter over the basil leaves, then slice into 4 and serve with a green salad, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...