Roasted baby vegetable salad with croutons
- June 2006
- Serves 2, or 6 as a starter
- Ready in 35 minutes
The ingredients in this vegetarian salad recipe are roasted for a fuller flavour
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Carrots and sweetcorn, halved if large, from a 200g pack mixed baby vegetables (set the mangetout aside)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 x garlic and rosemary flatbread, torn into chunky croutons (the rest can be frozen)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Small bag herb leaf salad
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put the onion into a roasting tin. Add the carrots and sweetcorn. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season and toss together. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway, until just tender.
- Add the bread to the vegetables and toss together. Roast for a further 8-10 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly charred and the croutons crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining oil, the vinegar and some seasoning. Tip the salad into a large bowl, along with the reserved mangetout. Add the roasted vegetables and croutons, drizzle with the dressing and gently toss together. Divide between bowls to serve.
Rate & review