Roasted cauliflower and broccoli polenta
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25-30 min
Creamy polenta and nutty roasted cauliflower make for a midweek meal that dreams are made of.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 23.2g (10g saturated)
- 62.4g (15.3g sugars)
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets, leaves reserved
- ½ large head broccoli, cut into florets
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 800ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 500ml freshly boiled water
- 250g instant polenta
- 80g cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the cauliflower florets and leaves in a large roasting tray. Add the broccoli and drizzle everything with oil. Season with salt and pepper, then roast for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk and stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Put the polenta in a jug, then pour it in a steady stream into the boiling liquid. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and thick. Season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the polenta among 4 plates, then top with the roasted veg and sprinkle with the grated cheddar and ground black pepper.
Rate & review