Roasted pepper and red onion frittata
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This vegetarian frittata recipe is the perfect midweek meal standby. The veg you use can be almost anything – try pan-fried leeks or grated courgette.
- 29.6g (9.4g saturated)
- 7.1g (3.1g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 290g jar roasted red peppers in oil, drained
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 6 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- Good splash of double cream
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick, ovenproof frying pan, then gently fry the onion wedges for 5-6 minutes until softened but holding their shape.
- Slice the peppers into strips, then add to the onion along with the spring onions. Fry for 2 minutes more.
- Preheat the grill to high. Beat the eggs with the cream, season well, then pour over the vegetables. Scatter with the feta and cook over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes until almost set. Transfer to the grill and cook until the top is golden and puffed. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Butternut squash and sage fritters
Crispy butternut squash fritters topped with maple bacon and a crisp-fried egg – that’s our type...
Broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole
This broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole is a traditional Spanish dish with a...