Sausage and sun-dried tomato tart
- November 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 35 minutes
Sunday morning brunch just got a bit more sophisticated with this quick sausage and sun-dried tomato tart recipe.
- 1 chilled Saxby’s shortcrust pastry flan case (raw)
- 5 tablespoons tomato pizza topping
- 4 pork and herb sausages
- 75g sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 125g ball buffalo mozzarella
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan
- Italian mixed leaf salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and put a baking tray inside to heat up.
- Spread the base of the Saxby’s shortcrust pastry flan case with the tomato pizza topping and set aside.
- Remove the skin from the pork and herb sausages and break the meat into small lumps. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the sausage meat and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until lightly golden. Drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle into the pastry case, along with the sun-dried tomatoes, and the buffalo mozzarella, drained well and torn into small chunks. Scatter over the freshly grated Parmesan and transfer the tart to the hot baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling and the pastry is golden. Serve with an Italian mixed leaf salad.
Rate & review