Frankfurter roll with new potato and bierwurst salad
- July 2006
- 4 jumbo frankfurters
- 4 bread rolls
- 40g butter, softened
- Handful of rocket leaves
- German mustard
- Ketchup (optional)
For the salad
- 500g waxy new potatoes, halved
- 150g bierwurst sausage, sliced thickly
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 dessert apple, cut into chunks
- 2 gherkins, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp quark
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp German mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender – about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the frankfurters in simmering water until piping hot. Mix the dressing while they cook. Drain the frankfurters and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and cool in cold water. Drain well and put in a bowl. Add the sausage, spring onions, apple, gherkins and radishes, and toss with the dressing. Garnish with the chives.
- Split and butter the rolls. Add the rocket and a frankfurter to each, plus a squeeze of mustard and, if you like, ketchup. Serve with the potato salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sauerkraut cooked in Riesling with apples and sausages
To be instantly transported to Germany, try this sauerkraut in riesling, apples and sausages recipe.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...