Frankfurter roll with new potato and bierwurst salad
- July 2006
- 4 jumbo frankfurters
- 4 bread rolls
- 40g butter, softened
- Handful of rocket leaves
- German mustard
- Ketchup (optional)
For the salad
- 500g waxy new potatoes, halved
- 150g bierwurst sausage, sliced thickly
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 dessert apple, cut into chunks
- 2 gherkins, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp quark
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp German mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender – about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the frankfurters in simmering water until piping hot. Mix the dressing while they cook. Drain the frankfurters and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and cool in cold water. Drain well and put in a bowl. Add the sausage, spring onions, apple, gherkins and radishes, and toss with the dressing. Garnish with the chives.
- Split and butter the rolls. Add the rocket and a frankfurter to each, plus a squeeze of mustard and, if you like, ketchup. Serve with the potato salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sauerkraut cooked in Riesling with apples and sausages
To be instantly transported to Germany, try this sauerkraut in riesling, apples and sausages recipe.