Scrambled eggs with avocado and salmon salsa
- April 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
Thick slices of buttery toasted sourdough topped with light-as-air scrambled eggs and an avocado and salmon salsa – that’s how eggs should be enjoyed.
Not a fan of salmon? Have a look at our chorizo scrambled eggs.
- 51.8g (18.5g saturated)
- 26.8g (3.7g sugars)
- 5 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 60ml whole milk
- 30g butter, plus extra for toast
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- Handful each chopped chives and flatleaf parsley with lime wedges (optional) to serve
For the avocado and salmon salsa
- Bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 very ripe avocado, mashed
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 hot-smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In another mixing bowl combine the avocado salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Gently heat the butter in a large pan. When it starts to foam, put the sourdough in the toaster and add the eggs to the pan. After 2 minutes, use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently move the egg as it scrambles. Cooking it slowly will make it creamier. As soon as the egg has just scrambled take the pan off the heat.
- Butter the toast and serve topped with the scrambled egg and the avocado salsa. Garnish with the herbs and lime wedges, if you like.
For extra-creamy eggs, stir in a little crème fraîche or milk as soon as the eggs have scrambled.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mother's Day brunch recipes
Potato champ cakes with crispy bacon and fried eggs
This comforting dish would make a brilliant brunch or speedy midweek meal and uses ingredients...
This easy to assemble recipe gives children a chance to get involved with preparing breakfast....