Smoked chicken, parsley pesto and crisp gem lettuce baguette
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 mins
Baguettes are filled with smoked chicken, homemade parsley pesto and crisp gem lettuce for this quick and easy picnic recipe.
- 25.5g (3.9g saturated)
- 28.6g (1.8g sugars)
- 1 fat garlic clove
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 25g pine nuts
- 150ml olive oil
- 25g grated Pecorino
- Dollop of good quality mayonnnaise
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 crusty rolls
- Gem lettuce leaves
- 155g sliced smoked chicken
- In a small food processor, pulse together the garlic, flatleaf parsley and pine nuts. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, season, then stir in the Pecorino and mayonnaise.
- Butter the rolls, fill with the lettuce and the smoked chicken, then top with generous dollops of the pesto mix.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Sweet potato, chickpea and feta salad with tahini dressing
Soft roasted sweet potato, tangy feta and crunchy chickpeas combine in this knockout veggie salad....
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...