Smoked chicken, parsley pesto and crisp gem lettuce baguette
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 mins
Baguettes are filled with smoked chicken, homemade parsley pesto and crisp gem lettuce for this quick and easy picnic recipe.
- 25.5g (3.9g saturated)
- 28.6g (1.8g sugars)
- 1 fat garlic clove
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 25g pine nuts
- 150ml olive oil
- 25g grated Pecorino
- Dollop of good quality mayonnnaise
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 crusty rolls
- Gem lettuce leaves
- 155g sliced smoked chicken
- In a small food processor, pulse together the garlic, flatleaf parsley and pine nuts. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, season, then stir in the Pecorino and mayonnaise.
- Butter the rolls, fill with the lettuce and the smoked chicken, then top with generous dollops of the pesto mix.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter