Spanish-style chickpea, chorizo and parsley sauté
- February 2012
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 30 min
This is a fabulous and flavoursome Spanish-inspired recipe that is great for using up that tin of chickpeas you’ve had lurking in your cupboard…
- 10.7g (3g saturated)
- 7.7g (1.4g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cooking chorizo, sliced
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 200ml red rioja wine
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- Large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Chunky bread to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the chorizo. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it begins to crisp, then add the sliced onion and gently sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the wine and bubble for 5 minutes until reduced.
- Stir in the chickpeas and gently warm through for 2 minutes, then fold through the parsley. Season, then drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Serve with chunky bread on the side. This would be great as part of a Spanish feast – see here for more inspiration.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter