Spiced chicken skewers
- January 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
These spiced chicken skewers make an inspiring and exciting supper and require just a few ingredients.
- 10.9g (2.2g saturated)
- 42.7g (6.1g sugars)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Bart baharat spice mix
- Handful of chopped fresh mint
- Half a cucumber
- 2 chicken breasts
- Lemon wedges
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp natural yogurt, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Bart baharat spice mix and a handful of chopped fresh mint.
- Add 2 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks, then marinate for 10 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Thread the chicken chunks onto 4 metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers, then grill for 15 minutes, turning, until cooked through.
- Serve with warmed or griddled tortillas, 1/2 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks, more yogurt, lemon wedges.
Use up left over Bart baharat spice mix by stirring 1 tsp through rice whilst cooking to add a fabulous Middle Eastern flavour that complements grilled meat and roasted vegetables.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy sausage pasta with watercress and chestnut pesto
Our speedy sausage pasta recipe, with chestnuts and watercress, serves two people and uses shortcut...