Spiced lamb burgers with sweet potato chips
- May 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 30 min, plus chilling
Our simple lamb burger recipe, lightly spiced with chilli flakes and garam masala, is easy and quick to make. Sweet potato chips and a green salad make the perfect accompaniments.
For something a little different, try our Turkish lamb burgers best served with flatbreads and pickles.
- 27.4g (9.5g saturated)
- 41.9g (9.8g sugars)
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 500g lamb mince
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium free-range egg
- A handful of dressed green salad leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Slice the sweet potatoes into long wedges and mix with a glug of olive oil and chilli flakes. Spread out on a baking tray and cook on the top shelf for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile put a frying pan on a medium heat and add a glug of olive oil. Fry the onion for 5 minutes, then add the garlic, garam masala, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl combine the lamb mince, breadcrumbs, egg and the onion mixture. Season well, then shape into 4 large burgers and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the same frying pan heat a little more oil and fry the burgers for 10 minutes on each side over a medium heat. Serve with the sweet potato chips and a handful of dressed green salad leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan lamb burgers with tomatoes, houmous and pitta
Spice up your barbecue with this North African burger recipe.
Turkish lamb burgers
This Turkish lamb burger recipe is barbecue cooking at its best; serve with accompaniments, such...
Tandoori lamb burgers
An Indian take on a traditional burger. This tandoori lamb burger recipe can be made-ahead...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...