Moroccan lamb burgers with tomatoes, houmous and pitta
- August 2004
- 800g lean lamb mince
- Small bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds, roughly crushed (if you can’t get seeds, use ½ tsp ground coriander)
- 4 pitta breads
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely sliced into rings
- Small tub good-quality houmous
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Put the mince into a large bowl. Add the spring onions, paprika and coriander and season well. Mix together using your hands, then shape into 12 mini burgers. Pop on to a large plate, cover and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Toast the pitta on the griddle until golden on each side, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside to cool. Cook burgers in 2 batches on the hot griddle for about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden all over yet a little pink in the middle. Set aside.
- Divide the tomatoes and shallots between 4 plates and season. Thread 3 burgers on to a wooden skewer and rest 1 on each tomato salad. Serve with a generous dollop of houmous, a toasted pitta and a few mint leaves scattered over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter